Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Busy Tuesday....63º

I was up and outside early yesterday setting water, pulling weeds and just checking things out, in and around our place on Barton Heights...Later in the morning I attended our usual Tuesday Write People and from there Pat, Ruth and I met Brian and Herb for lunch at the Community Bank annual appreciation lunch of burgers/hotdogs, chips, soda and cake...We arrived just before the lunch crowd really moved in and settled ourselves in chairs under the canopy to enjoy our lunch...As I munched on a burger and chips, I felt a tap on my shoulder...Robin (magic garden) was delivering produce and had cucumbers for me.

Back home Herb and I went through the very familiar routine of putting the cukes in cold water, him getting jars and lids from the cellar, me gathering dill and grape leaves from the garden...After scrubbing each cuke, they are placed in quart jars along with dill, garlic, hot pickles and the grape leaf, then covered with hot vinegar and salt brine, then processed...After spending about 3 months on the cellar shelves they will be ready to eat...Will I ever tire of this process?..I think not.

Pickles cooling, Herb and I relaxed and read for the rest of the afternoon...About 5pm we drove to Alder Slope where Jeff and Connie live...They have extra raspberries, ours for the picking...We are invited to stay and have dinner with them, which we do and have a nice evening catching up on family news and visit about old times with the Forest Service as we have know J & C for almost 30 years and Herb worked with both of them...Home at last, we change the water one last time, have a bowl of raspberries and head for bed....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment