Saturday, August 3, 2013

Yard Sale a Bust...47º

It sounded good in the paper and when Pat ask me, "Can this be the really junky yard sale we went to in Wallowa a couple of weeks ago?"...Pat and Angie were ready for an outing and I said, "I'm not sure but it could be."...Yes it was the same "over priced junk sale" but Angie found a cute, sturdy night stand for their cabin and Pat a cast iron bacon cooker for Brian's collection...We toured Alder Slope following a yard sale sign that doesn't start until today :(...We did have a good visit.

It ended up being kind of a lazy day for me...I started a pot of soup for our dinner, wandered the gardens and checked out the fruit trees...The Santa Rosa plum tree has a nice crop of still green plums but the apricot and apples all got frozen in the May snow storm...With the help of the "liquid deer fence" all of the flowers have bloomed this year...I had forgotten how pretty some of the day lilies are...I sprayed again last night and will continue as they love the phlox and autumn joy that are now budded...Thankfully they don't seem to bother pearl yarrow, purple cone flowers, bee balm, globe thistle or black eyed Susan's.

Our nights have definitely cooled off but today is supposed to be in the high 70's and warm next week...Yes!!!Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment