Monday, February 8, 2016

Disconnected/Catching up...25º

Four days since my last  blog and it seems much longer...Friday I just didn't post anything and Saturday morning, we were up at 4am and our internet connection was not working...Assuming something was wrong on our end, I reconfigured settings, talked to Bobi and reset the modem but nothing worked...I called EONI (our internet server) and left a message...The call back came and it seems it was their problem not mine, and they were working on it...I was so relieved that it wasn't my fault that I didn't ask when we might get reconnected.

Life without the internet is weird...I started looking for things to do in and around the house...I cleaned the bathroom, and the kitchen and the roll top desk...In the desk were cooking magazines...I spent several hours, rereading those, before I picked up a book "Tracks" about a women who treks across Australia and lost myself in it for a few hours...Many times through the day, I found the need to google something...NO INTERNET...So I played a few games of "Gummy Drops."...Couldn't play scrabble because that needs a connection and so does FaceBook.

Herb made a trip to the post office and stopped by the Josephy Center and was able to sit in the car and "borrow" their internet and download another book to his iPad, so he was set for the afternoon and evening...Sunday morning we were up early again and still no internet...I had to think hard, what did we do before the internet?...The old icebox that sits in one corner of the living room is/was stuffed with saved papers and projects...I emptied it one shelf at a time and in between, making bread and fixing Sunday dinner, I sorted, reread, reminisced and that prompted me to pull a shoebox full of old photos, out of the closet...Need I go on.

Late afternoon Pam stopped by on her way from snowshoeing, just as I took a loaf of no-knead bread from the oven, she couldn't stay for dinner, but we managed to eat the loaf of bread, washed down with red wine...She left and we had dinner, then Herb announced that he needed to go download another book...I was tired of sorting papers, put the old photos away and joined him as we both borrowed the internet at the JC...When we arrived back home, our modem showed a green light, that meant our internet was up and working...Life is back to normal...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment