Friday, February 26, 2016

Common Cold...27º/Sunny

If you don't wish to read gross, stop right now!

Years ago I greeted a friend with, "How are you today." Her reply surprised me as she said, "Not good, I have a case of the SNOTS." I wasn't use to hearing words like this from her, she seldom swore or said crude things but on this day she did...I've never liked the word "snot," from the time I was a child and saw an enraged bull in the corral, pawing the ground, wildly swinging his head from sided to side and "snot" flying in all directions....OH Gross, is what I thought.

So when she said that word using it to describe the "common cold," I was taken aback...But on Monday night, my throat felt tight and it became increasingly harder to swallow as the evening wore on...It was bound to happen, as Herb came down with the "snots" a week before and now it was only logical that I would follow in his footsteps...The "snots" were imminent...So for the past four days, I've woken up, hair standing on end, eyes watery and red rimmed, deep rasping coughs, gasping for breath and feeling very similar to that raging bull in the corral...Gross!

Why can't "they" find a cure for the common cold?..Something that inflicts every person, young or old, rich or poor, famous or infamous, elite movie stars or skid row bums, royalty or peons, I assume they wake up with the same discomfort as I...The common cold, the great leveler, we are one and the same when the "snots" strike...Hugs To All...OWAV:)





2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious when you have the "snots"! Must be feeling better if you can write about it. oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got each and every solution for my common cold from Web Health Network. They're the best in this field.

    ReplyDelete