Saturday, March 5, 2016

Feeling Human...43º

A week ago today I called for an early appointment at Winding Waters Clinic, hoping I could get a miracle drug to stop the cough, clear my plugged up head and words to the affect that my cold was out of the contagious stage and by noon I would be on my way, with friends, to see "My Fair Lady" at the Elgin Opera House....It was all a dream.

I saw Dr B_____, the latest resident, in a continual rotation, coming from Portland, just graduated from 8th grade , sorry I meant to say Medical School...He didn't think I needed a prescription cough syrup when Robitusin would do, but he was all over writing a perscription for real Sudafed to take the place of my over the counter stuff...Now I remember why I take these drugs with extreme caution...While my friends were enjoying "My Fair Lady," I was sitting in my recliner, head twice as big as before "sudafed"...Now every hair follicle in my head was swollen, standing at attention as I endured the proverbial finger in light socket treatment...AND I thought I felt bad before drugs.

I reverted to the sage advise from family and friends to DRINK...Copious amounts of water, orange juice, broth, hot water, honey/lemon hot water and small amounts of chicken noodle soup, and today one week later, almost two weeks later from inception I am again a somewhat normal human being...The common cold wins again, and my sister called from Utah, to thank me for sharing it with her, generous person that I am...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment