Thursday, March 31, 2016

Reflection...28º

Many changes took place in my life from 1990 to 2000...I took an early retirement in May, 1995, Herb had retired in December 1994 and my Mother moved from Bountiful, Utah to Elgin, Oregon in 1991, and a major remodel was done on our house...Bobi got married and Cienna came into our life.

Without the stress and politics of a job, I could concentrate more on my journey back to "normality."..Herb and I had to learn to live together in retirement...My Mother was 80 years old, quite self sufficient, but needed our help with yard work and transportation to and from appointments.

I had to take a serious look at the hand I had been dealt and make the best of it...The things I absolutely couldn't do was ride a bike, downhill or cross country ski, or hike mountain trails...I could still walk, garden, drive, cook and clean...I kept up a social life and we bought an RV and traveled each year in late spring and fall...Eventually we added some volunteer jobs to our life...Basically we just kept busy!

Reflecting back now, I know that I'm very lucky to be as "normal" as I am, making the best of the life I have...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment