Thursday, February 11, 2016

Road Trip...32º

An eye appointment in LaGrande for me was the perfect opportunity for a shopping trip as well...I only had to do a visual field test, so no dilation of my eyes was needed, which is a blessing for me, as it makes me more weird and spacy than usual...We asked Pam to go along, knowing that she would add more fun to the trip...On our way just at daybreak, foggy and slick looking to Wallowa, then the Wallowa Canyon lightened up, road was dry, traffic light.

Our first stop was Grocery Outlet, in LaGrande, probably my favorite store...Many older people were going into the store, as Herb pulled into a parking spot...Just inside the doors, orchids were on display...We oohed and aaahed over them, choosing first one then another to take home...Knowing we couldn't leave them in the car all day, we each picked out two and asked if we could pick them up in the afternoon?..Then we got down to the real business of shopping for groceries...More older people kept passing by and I finally realized that Wednesday is Senior day at Grocery Outlet...Tables were set up in a wide aisle and bingo was in progress and 10% off purchases was offered all day...Must be our lucky day...An hour later baskets piled high, we checked out and made it to my appt. just a few minutes late.

In and out of Pettits office in half an hour, Bi Mart was next on the list...We wandered the aisles, picking up our usual box wine before the spring bulbs caught our eye...I resisted because it is way too early to plant anything in Joseph and I already have all the bulbs I could possibly want...Only 11am but as we get in the car, Pam says, "I'm hungry, lets beat the lunch crowd, where should we eat?" Buds Sportsmen Bar, since it has good sandwiches and fries...Pam also talked us into the "fried green beans." Needless to say we were stuffed and ready for a nap but instead, we had more shopping to do and we also took a few minutes to visit our friend, Margaret, at the care center, where she recuperates from a broken hip.

Fast forward, we made quick stops at Wal Mart, Grocery Outlet, Kauffmans, on to Elgin and a stop to buy 25# bags of flour and fuel the car...Home about 4pm, in bed at 8pm...Good nights sleep, sun is shining and ready for the day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Got one purple and one yellow orchid...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment