Thursday, August 11, 2016

Back in the Dough...48º

After our trip to McCall, I could hardly wait to try my hand at making a platter size cinnamon roll...Early yesterday morning found me mixing my usual sweet roll dough...It rose into a nice puffy dough, that filled the large green tupperware bowl...I floured the counter, gently slid the dough into place, patted and stretched it into a large rectangle...Slathered on the butter, sprinkled with sugar and a good dose of cinnamon...Normally I would then roll the dough into a long tube and cut across it to make individual rolls but instead I took the pizza cutter and cut a long 1 1/2 inch strip off the side of the rectangle...Then I gently and loosely coiled the strip around my finger to make one large cinnamon roll, tucked the end under and placed it into a 9 inch pie plate...It raised and spread until it almost fit the plate, now it was ready for the oven...The oven did the rest of the magic as it rose and spread to totally fill the plate...Slightly cooled I covered it with frosting and snapped a photo...I made 3 very large rolls, then did the rest of them, not so large on a cookie sheet...It was fun, of course I will do it again...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

All done ready to eat.

Single size before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment