Thursday, August 4, 2016

Remembering...45º

Over a year ago, Herb, Me, Bobi and Rusty made a trip to Utah for a larger family gathering...All of my sisters would be there, along with numerous neices and nephews...We sisters, Mona and I in our 70's, Loraine and Barbara in their 80's, were well aware that any visit could be our last.

It was a great visit, hosted by neices, we spent hours visiting and reminiscing about our childhoods. our parents, Blanche and Joe, and our brothers, George and Joel...More laughter than tears filled our days...Food of course was plentiful and more relatives arrived to add to the mix...Cousins meeting cousins or getting reacquainted, it was a happy time with only a small amount of bitter/sweet.

Last week Loraine our oldest sister,  passed away...She had lived in a care center for several years, her health not good, we knew it was imminent...Her funeral will be held this coming Saturday...She is surrived by 8 children (a daughter Mona, and her husband Steve preceded her) and more grandchildren and great grandchildren than I can count...She leaves a legacy of untold proportions for her children to reflect on.

For many years now I have held with the philosophy that I would rather see and visit with people when alive, than attend a funeral...So even though I will miss seeing neices and nephews and their extended families, meeting some for the first time, I'm content to remember my sister in my own quiet way...The flowers in my gardens are a memorial to family members who have gone on before me and will now include Loraine...I'll remember her in the spring with the blooming of peonies, lilacs and poppies, in summer with gloriosa daisys and beebalm and in the fall with the last of the blooming blackeyed susans and golden glow waving in the breeze...Memories of her will be in my heart forever and I will be with her children in spirit on Saturday...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Loraine with her first born, George.


No comments:

Post a Comment