Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Busy Fall Days...54º

The plum tree has kept both of us busy for the past few days...The plums are too high for us to reach so we have resorted to picking them up quickly as they fall...In between water changes, Herb gathers plums for me to slice off the pit, place in ziplocks, ready to go in the freezer...While doing plums, I'm also slicing tomatoes for roasting...The apricot tree is almost ready to pick and other garden produce is coming on.

I tried a new recipe yesterday using sliced patty pan squash and onions from the garden, added baby sweet peppers from the crisper, a little garlic and other spices for a sweet bread and butter pickle and because of its many colors I named it "Confetti."..We sampled it alongside our tuna salad for dinner...I think it is a keeper...After eating his salad, Herb said, "I assume the beef, mashed potatoes and gravy is soon to follow?"Hmmmm...Wind fall apples were calling me from the pantry, so I peeled and sliced enough for an apple crisp and heard no more about beef and mashed potatoes.

Pat got a lead and phone number on Imnaha tomatoes...I placed a phone call, 40# of tomatoes will be delivered this morning, should be ready to roast by Friday at the latest...Must get moving, fall really is a busy season...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Just realized I don't even have a photo of the PLUMS!...Darn, maybe next time.

Ready for the oven


Roasted

BLT for dinner

Evening Clouds


Tuna Salad Bowl

Sliced ready to pickle

Confetti Pickles

2 comments:

  1. Considering "fall" doesn't even start until September 21-22, it sure is busy!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like it starts earlier in Wallowa County...Then we have Indian Summer, I hope!

    ReplyDelete