Sunday, September 25, 2016

Autumn Joy...39º

It was my plan yesterday to work cleaning up the garden, pulling the beets, drying the greens for soups and smoothies this winter, and finally making the beet pickles, that I've been talking about!..Derailed again!..Herb had the 4-wheeler out to haul chairs, flower pots etc. to the "little garage" that we now use for gardening tools, potting soil, fertilizer and the lawn mower, adding in winter the deck furniture...Only one problem, the garage still houses many things from days gone by, such as, pots and kettles that I no longer use and supplies that Herb had many years ago, when he used it for a wood working shop...Things were stacked, covered in many years of dust...We filled 2 huge garbage bags to go to the dump, another one to go to soroptimists and yes saved some things, not ready to part with...I swept the shelves, he the floor and we both put things back in an orderly manner.

It was afternoon when we finished and plans for dinner were floating in the back of my mind...I stirred up a simple pizza crust, let it raise, rolled it into a thin rectangle, smeared it with pesto, dotted with roasted tomatoes, added cheese, sausage, artichokes, peppers, onions and another sprinkle of cheese...When it came out of the oven, we covered each piece with fresh sliced tomatoes, added slaw and sliced cucumbers to our plate and inhaled!...It was a good days work...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Autumn Joy in the shade.

Autumn Joy in sunlight

Dinner, Pizza hiding under tomatoes,
we each had two pieces.
  

4 comments:

  1. We had pizza on Friday night! Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was, have a little left over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I haven't read your blog before. Great stuff. Your yard and gardens are so pretty and you get a lot done in days time! Pizza looked yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marla, I do appreciate your comments...I enjoy sharing my days and thoughts with others, try to keep it lighthearted but sometimes I do get on a rant...:) Thanks again for reading.

    ReplyDelete