Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oma Returns...45º/Cloudy

It didn't happen on purpose but missing a blog one day soon turned into another and another, until I've chalked up 21 days of not publishing a blog...That doesn't mean that nothing has happened in our lives, I just haven't documented it!..My sister Mona finally called me on Monday morning to find out if I was dead or alive, my friend Becky text me, asking why my rants and ramblings had ceased...Now as I think about it, I really enjoy on any given day looking back at what we were doing last year or even 4 years ago...Maybe it was something mundane or maybe it was our latest gathering of family/friends...I love having this record of memories, otherwise they get lost with the passing of time, especially with my foggy memory.

The past three weeks have passed in a flash as we (mostly Herb) worked on the fall cleanup in the flowerbeds...We have picked bushels of fruit, plums, apricots and apples, mostly to freeze for our daily smoothie or to make into jam later in the year...It was a bumper year for fruit and we, like squirrels, are hoarding what we can because it is doubtful that our trees will produce much next year...Some has been shared with neighbors and friends.

In the midst of this we took a seven day trip to the Oregon Coast with our kids, spending 5 nights in a lovely beach house in Manzanita, walking the beach, watching sunsets, eating scrumptious seafood, playing cards and other games...It was a lovely interlude.

We had eye appointments in LaGrande and I enjoyed with friends "The Little Mermaid" musical at the Elgin Opera House, it was magical.

We still have garden cleanup to do, potatoes to harvest, garlic needs to be planted as October is looming...Fall is a beautiful time of the year here in Wallowa County and we are enjoying awesome sunrises and sunsets as the days/nights cool off and the vibrant colors appear, everywhere we look...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Cienna on the Beach.

2 comments: