Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Bountiful August...65º

I love taking photos of our garden produce and sharing the over abundance...Herb and I eat sliced Patty Pans and Zucchini everyday for dinner but can't begin to eat all that grow in the garden...I'm thinking I will make another pan of brownies/cake and freeze for later...Thankfully we have friends who don't cringe when I offer zucchini and are overjoyed at the sight of the Patty Pans...This little squash brings a smile to my face as it lights up every photo, and every plate...It is good raw, lightly sautéed, stuffed and baked and a myriad of other ways, just check it out on the Internet for new recipes...I think it is tastier by far than the crook neck squash.

Zucchini, Patty Pans and Cucumbers

Santa Rosa plums are falling from our tree across the road...Since they are so high in the tree and ripen sporadically, we harvest them as they fall...I carefully wash and trim each one and we eat as many as possible...They are juicy, sweet/tart and have to be eaten over the sink as juice goes everywhere...I slice them off the pit, freeze in quart bags (enough for a batch of jam) to make later in the season...I might have enough to make a couple of quarts of juice, that also later, will make lovely jam and pancake syrup.

Santa Rosa plums.

Today I must roast tomatoes...The stitches are out of my hand and with the help of "food safe" gloves I should be able to core and slice tomatoes to fill 3 sheet pans...My mouth waters now as I anticipate the flavor of these tasty morsels.

We had a brief rain storm this morning, lightening and thunder included...Wasn't enough to hardly wet the ground, but did cool it off just a bit...Enough blathering for today...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment