Friday, August 25, 2017

Comforting Thoughts and Food...46º

I wasn't really thinking when I posted my blog a few days ago, just in a blue funk and feeling sorry for myself...So to all of you out there who voiced concern and those thinking good thoughts for me I send a big Thank You...It was heartwarming to hear from my family and friends and much appreciated.

Moving forward, on Sunday, before my fall I had made a new recipe for Brownies...I chose this recipe because it called for lots of grated zucchini, the amount of sugar was less than flour and the cocoa (I use Penzy's Cocoa, dark and delicious,) was a goodly amount...Of course true to form, I adjusted the recipe, using more zuke, less sugar and spread my own variation of frosting on the hot brownies...I was a little disappointed when the finished product looked more like a cake than brownies but oh well, it was chocolate...I cut the cooled cake/brownie into small pieces and after the first bite was no longer disappointed, it wasn't the texture of brownies, but it was dense, moist and so "choclatey" that I almost swooned on the spot...It has been many months since I've had a good chocolate fix.

After the ER trip, and before I carefully placed each small piece in a Tupperware container, destined for the freezer, you guessed it, I had another piece, this time, covered in cream...(Just like when I was a child.) I definitely needed comfort food...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Hot Chocolate cake with frosting soaking in.

Cake with pieces missing as I get ready to freeze
so I don't eat the entire cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment