Monday, August 14, 2017

Crazy Week/Weekend...50º

My week was so crazy....Herb and I normally have a relaxed schedule, very few commitments and we enjoy our home, where in summer we work outside in the morning and mostly relax in the afternoons...Last week found us doing all those things as well as making a trip to Costco, two hours away, planning for overnight guests, plus entertaining guests at a Sunday evening dinner...Also thrown into the mix, a friend text and asked if I could pick her raspberries and I had scheduled our "girls" outing to the Elgin Opera House on Saturday afternoon...I'm hyperventilating just thinking about this.

All went well as I had menu's planned and days figured to do the prep work, groceries were purchased and Herb was always ready to help when ever I said, "Honey, will you please?" Not only were we busy but the town of Joseph had two big events going over the weekend...The annual "Fly In" at the Joseph airport (that is visible from our house) started Friday afternoon with the West Coast Ravens (6 planes) flying low over our house...It startled me and I wasn't sure if I should run for cover or just enjoy the show...They made several appearances Friday and Saturday...Friday evening, music started drifting our way from the Joseph City Park as the annual Bronze,Blues and Brews got underway.

Saturday morning, I cleaned house, sort of, browned and seasoned the ground beef for our Taco Salads, (when we arrived home from The Wizard of Oz)...Herb vacuumed inside and hosed down the deck outside...We were ready, with one minor change, instead of guests for dinner at our house, on Sunday night, a cookout at John and Becky's was on tap.

Everything went well, the play was a smash as usual, we spent Saturday evening on the deck eating and listening to the best Blues music and visited non stop with Sue and Cindy...Brunch followed on Sunday morning and BBQ late afternoon...We were home by 7pm and I was in bed before 8pm...This morning I feel like I've been run over by a Semi!..Actually I feel pretty good and have to get moving, we've had some rain and cooler days are in the forecast...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Another wonderful show



No comments:

Post a Comment