Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Beautiful Days...40º

The last few days have been picture postcard days, plus perfect days to work outside...Mostly I have been deadheading daffodils, digging weeds, that is when I'm not just sitting on the deck, soaking up our amazing view.

We had a lovely afternoon/evening with friends on Sunday...Becky and John hosted their annual Mother's Day BBQ, the weather was perfect as was the food and company...Big thank you to them.

Becky and John

Wandering through the flower beds, I imagine what it will all look like this summer and how I can change it for another year...The daffies are at the end of their bloom, looking forward to Iris, peonies and poppies...I think my garden totally changes about every 3/4 weeks as it moves from spring to summer then into fall...Last evening as the sun moved behind the mountain, I planted cabbage starts in the garden...My Mom taught me that late evening is the best time to transplant, not such a shock to their system...Mom has been on my mind a lot lately, she was the gardener, I didn't intend to be one, but with her genes and friends giving me plants, it just happened...It gives me untold joy...Also thinking about my Dad, it was his birthday yesterday...So many memories running through my head...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Apple tree and Forget-Me-Nots

Japanese Maple

So many colors.

1 comment: