Monday, May 28, 2018

Sunshine....49º

Outside early this morning, Herb was giving our fruit trees their only spraying for the year...That seems to keep the aphids and worms at bay...Our old gravenstein apple tree was loaded with blooms and we hope for a good harvest...Apricot, plum and gala apple trees did not bloom...Maybe next year.

Yesterday I made a big batch of sourdough bread and chicken/vegetable bisque...It was a yummy lite dinner and I had a second helping of bisque, when Pam came by for a bowl...Herb preferred second helpings of fresh bread and butter...The bread was an exceptional batch, rising to huge loaves in the oven and I could have eaten a loaf by myself.

Three double loaves and a small loaf for dinner

Two loaves in the oven

On Saturday I made two veggie trays to take to Rachel's graduation party (Pam's granddaughter who we have watched grow up)...H opted to stay home, I went, had a good time visiting with people that I haven't seen in years...Brought home the leftover veggies (not too many) and started with those to made the bisque, added sweet potatoes and jarred turkey...It was yummy...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Relish trays for graduation party.



No comments:

Post a Comment