Monday, May 7, 2018

Sunshine, Rain, Hail and Breezy...41º

Herb took a chance yesterday and hung our just laundered sheets, outside on the clothes line...He knows how much I love line dried sheets, so even though rain was in the forecast, they were soon flapping in the breeze...One of my favorite memories from childhood (back when we took a bath, once a week, in a round tin tub in front of the wood cook stove, in the kitchen) is having a bath, line dried sheets, shampooed hair and clean jammies, all on the same day...That didn't happen very often...Last night my head barely touched the pillow, when I whispered, "Thanks for the line dried sheets," and slept a solid 8 hours...Life is good.

Our day started early...Now that we have ditch water, Herb hooked up the pumps, brought hoses out of the garage and was soon hosing debris off the deck, from a hail storm the previous night...I was in the veggie garden early, planting onions and spring greens, spreading more straw and laying out hoses and drippers...It was perfect weather, sunny, misty rain, breezy...So perfect that I took a short break for breakfast at 10am and finally came in the house about 1pm...In the scheme of things, I only accomplished a few tasks, but it was good to work steady, while my mind wandered, over a myriad of subjects.

Garden Group is tomorrow, I'm sort of ready, the daffodils are still mostly upright and blooming, cookies in the freezer, sun is supposed to shine, all will be well!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

PS...Scrabble games are up and loading.

PS....This bunch of tulips made it to full bloom.





No comments:

Post a Comment