Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Soups On...32º

I had simmered the chicken carcass overnight in the crock pot, and put the broth in the fridge for another day...Finally, yesterday, I would make chicken soup.

Early yesterday morning, I helped Herb install screening over the rain gutter on the south side of our house...Now we hope that, that will keep the leaves out and the gutter won't have to be cleaned every fall, enough climbing on ladders!

After that I was ready to start on other projects on my list...I opened the boxes of Chex cereal and packages of nuts, ready to do the annual Chex Mix, but as I looked down the list of ingredients, pretzels jumped out at me...Darn, I had forgotten the pretzels, so I shelved that for another day.

Nothing to do now but chopped celery, onions and carrots and make noodles for the chicken soup...I love making noodles and soon had two eggs mixed into flour, making the dough, that needed to rest...Perfect timing for me to go to the food alliance, I left the broth simmering to cook the veggies before adding noodles...I joined the end of the line, looking ahead to see what the day had to offer...Lucky for me, most people don't want chicken wings, so with a choice of "4 meats" I put two packages of wings in my bag, then added a pkg of wieners and a pkg of ground bison...I will use the wings on New Years Eve, wieners in wraps, later this week, when I make bread, and I think the bison will go into a company sized lasagna.

Back home I rolled out the noodle dough and used a pizza cutter to make bite sized noodles...Soon Herb and I enjoyed our "creamy chicken noodle soup."...Hugs to All...OWAV:)


Noodle Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment