Saturday, March 7, 2020

I need a break..34º

Writing memories is therapeutic and freeing, but also intense, difficult and draining...I'm always concerned about, how close to the truth my memories are or for that matter, the stories that my mom related to me and Mona/Jerry...At this point, I think that is about all we have left to go on...I encourage you (Loraines children), to talk to Barbara, (she is 90, so you better get with it.) about the Porterville years and her memories...And if your Mom told you stories, someone needs to get them in  writing (I think her's burned up, when the house burned)...I was only 8 years old when we left there, so my memories are mostly about me!

I welcome your feedback and your memories, even if they differ from mine...Every child, niece, nephew, cousin etc, grow up with different parents...I know my older sisters grew up with much different parents than I did...Does this make sense?..So feel free to comment or pm me or email me,   oma@eoni.com   I would love to hear from you.

With that said, life goes on here on Barton Heights, yesterday Herb and I drove to La Grande for an eye appointment, shopping and lunch...Roads were good, weather warm and breezy...We got most of the things on our list and then some...Back home we toasted each other with a small glass of wine, aaah, we did it again.

Looking at the date on this post brings back another world of memories...Forty six years ago, we made our first trip over the winding road from La Grande to Joseph...Herbs mother's sudden death on March 3, 1973, brought us from Utah to Idaho to be with his Dad and prepare for her funeral...At this same time Herb was being transferred from Utah to Joseph, Oregon in his job with the Forest Service and we needed to find a house in Joseph...I remember it was a warm March day, and I loved the drive through Minam Canyon, just like yesterday...Another time, another story...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Pizza for lunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment