Wednesday, October 14, 2020

3 Dozen and Counting...40º

 More fruit out of the freezer, and I added a dozen + jars of raspberry jam to the cellar shelves...We have a dozen huckleberry, strawberry and raspberry in case boxes, then the extra jars are out and easy to grab, when we need one...I have either plum or apricots to do this morning, but only have 1 dozen small mouth lids...(due to the lid shortage in the stores)...I have large mouth lids but am saving them for when I start canning turkey and chili.

It was a busy day yesterday, I made the jam early so I could get to water therapy, then grocery shopping, and home to fix dinner...We were early to bed and woke early this morning to wind, clouds, and sun breaks...Looks like cool weather for the next week...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

10/15/2020....The wind on Wed. night caused problems on "Sheep Ridge" with EONI's equipment that keeps our internet signal coming into Wallowa County...Eoni is good about putting a recording on their phone alerting Wallowa County to that kind of problem...So after hearing the recording, I moved on with my day and didn't worry about connecting to wifi...Instead I took the car to Schwabs' and had the snow tires put on, in case it snows on our McCall trip...Back home I did the last batch of jam for this year...I had Santa Rosa Plums cooking in no time and the most beautiful, flavorful jam possible, in 16 1/2 pints, cooling on the counter.

Another busy day in store for me today...Last spring when "Spit Shine" advertised car detailing gift certificates, I bought one for myself for Mothers' Day...It is Mothers' Day in October and today I take my car to get the inside spic and span...Never had this luxury before...Pam will pick me up and we will meet our Hot Springs Buddies, to finalize our trip to McCall...After that I have water therapy and hope my car is done, when I finish...If not I will wait for it or borrow Pams' car to get home.

When I arrive home the house should smell like a roast beef dinner, cooking in the oven...That means I must end this and get the roast, potatoes and carrots prepped...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Plum Jam just started to cook.

Geraniums still blooming

Old Glory still flying.

Clouds on a fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment