Wednesday, October 7, 2020

One job at a time...44º

 Seeing the nice days coming to an end, Herb was outside early yesterday morning, giving the row of lavender plants a haircut, with the electric hedge trimmers...I on the other hand stayed in the house to finish my blog, fix our breakfast and slice and dice all the things that make up a chicken salad, for our dinner...It seems I never stop thinking about what goes on the table next!

I was looking forward to water therapy that started yesterday, and since that takes quite a chunk of time out of my day (two days a week) I have to work around it with more of my "jobs."...I had time to pull the carrots and leave them soaking in cold water while I was soaking in warm water at the pool.

In the afternoon, I scrubbed carrots, laid them out to dry, then bagged them in gallon ziplocks and Herb stored them in the basement fridge for winters' use...Chicken salad on fresh sourdough buns alongside cottage cheese and pineapple tasted good for dinner.

We have acupuncture appointments this morning and our niece Diane is coming for a short visit arriving this afternoon...Herb and I will eat leftovers for breakfast and I must get things prepped for dinner...Hugs To All...OWAV:

A good harvest, 15# of carrots
ready to be cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment