Saturday, October 10, 2020

The rain is imminent...44º

 I have no excuse now, not to do inside work...Supposed to have rain/rain showers off and on for the next week, with cooler temperatures for sure...The geraniums on the front porch are still blooming and beautiful...I don't have the heart to cut them down, until they frost, then it will be time to move the house plants and chairs back in the house and clean the front porch and wash windows...That is on the list along with making jam from the frozen fruit, that needs to be cleaned out of the freezers.

We had a wonderful visit with Diane, mostly reminisced about the years when her parents were first married, me telling stories that she has never heard about her Mom, Marlene and Dad, George (my brother)...Also stories when I babysat the 3 oldest girls, Susan, Pode and Diane, and other family stories...When we weren't talking about family we were talking about cooking, gardens, crafts, we talked fast, trying to get it all said!

Our house is quiet this morning, Herb reading, me doing puzzles and now writing memories, so next year I can look back and reminisce about the good visit, food and fall colors...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Our traditional breakfast for company, Huckleberry Compote over pancakes and a side of sausage...Diane is savoring the last bites...😀



No comments:

Post a Comment