Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Appointments, Water Therapy...42º

 Early morning appointments with our hygienist found us in Enterprise...I dropped Herb off at the office, took "stuff" to Soroptomists and from there to Safeway, where I shopped for groceries, then back to my turn in the hygienist chair...We were disappointed to hear that our hygienist/friend was no longer there, instead a new person greeted us, did the cleaning and we were home before noon.

Before leaving the house, I noticed that the sourdough starter needed to be used...I had limited time, but managed to get flour in a bowl, made a well and added whole wheat, the starter, and water, gave it a quick mix and was out the door.

We had leftovers for dinner of roast pork, gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots, again we were hungry and it tasted as good as the original meal...Nothing to do in the afternoon except play with the dough...I practiced my stretch and fold, gently molding the dough as it becomes stretchy, alive and a bit sticky...I patted out small portions of dough into buns for quick sandwiches and then made two loaves for Herb's breakfast toast...It was late evening when it came out of the oven and perfect timing for us to have that warm slice of bread and butter, before bedtime...The smile on Herbs' face told me it was very good...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

PS...Water therapy starts today, after being rudely interrupted last March by Covid...More on it tomorrow.

Not the traditional sourdough loaf
but the taste was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment