Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break Day 3...34º Light snow


Lemon Meringue Pie
Sunday dawned clear and sunny...By noon the temperature had climbed to 60º and we were sitting on the deck taking advantage of the full sun...Pie was made and bread was rising...Major rearrangement of the living room had been accomplished, thanks to everyone pitching in vacuuming, dusting and sorting my endless supply of books...As we sat on the deck I mentioned that the apple tree needed to be pruned...No sooner said than Rusty had the ladder and pruning equipment assembled...About 2 hours later our old apple tree was looking pretty naked and ready for spring and new growth.

Now it was time to change clothes, take the pie and rolls and head for Pat and Brian's cabin near Wallowa Lake where we joined them for Pat's Manhattan Clam Chowder...Several hours later after dinner and a delightful evening visiting we arrive back at Barton Heights.

I'm delighted to find my computer has after 10 hours completed the new systems download "Lion"...Now I have a new challenge trying to learn a new system...Wish me luck...Hugs  OWAV:)

1 comment: