Monday, June 17, 2013

Fathers' Day...55º

Early morning yesterday was spent outside...Herb and I had both done some watering so weeds are easy to dig or pull...Everything is lush and green, iris in full bloom, poppies just starting and peonies budded and ready to pop...It was hot in the sun so I moved to the front of the house where it is shaded...Daffodil foliage is sprawled like a weeks wash all over the sidewalk...Contrary to what the garden books say I got ruthless with the shears and cut all of it off just above the ground...Blooms were scarce on them this spring because they are so overgrown and root bound...They need to be dug up and separated....I will add that to a list of "Honey Do's" for Rusty.

Changed out of my grubby garden clothes while Herb and Bobi did a FaceTime for Fathers Day...Pat and Brian arrived before 1pm and we had an enjoyable drive to Union and the "Historic Union Hotel" for a Fathers Day dinner...Minam Canyon is lovely this time of year and the fields of grain, grass, mint and alfalfa is a site to behold as we dropped into the LaGrande valley...We visited, laughed, toasted to another Fathers Day and friendship and enjoyed our meal...The drive back home was fairly quiet except for the occasional gales of laughter coming from the backseat.

Rusty called with Fathers Day wishes and to let us know he was at home in Bend...I chatted with him this morning to catch up on his news and his plans for the next two weeks before he comes to Joseph...Now I better get moving, full day for me as I go to the dentist, stop at soroptomists, visit with my friend Jane and do a 4 hour stint as a docent at the Josephy Center...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment