Monday, June 24, 2013

Peonies Abloom...55º

Late afternoon yesterday, sun shining, I grabbed my hand pruners and headed outside to make my rounds...Nothing needs to be watered so I deadheaded flowers and pulled weeds from the rain soaked earth...I don't have a lot of peonies blooming because of the late snow storm we had that wreaked havoc with the bushes, but the few that are blooming are outstanding this year...I carefully snipped a few blooms, added some columbine and had a bouquet to enjoy inside.



I'm using my old camera and have to learn all over how to use it even though it is billed as a point and shoot...I'm sure you can get the idea of how gorgeous these are in real life. 

Many of the poppies are blooming and I will try again to make a bouquet using them...Wish me luck...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. For the first time this year, my peony's didn't have botritus and the blooms stayed around for a long time......

    ReplyDelete