Thursday, April 17, 2014

2 &1/2 miles...39º

Before our Florida/DC trip I started walking again, knowing that if I didn't strengthen my legs and lungs, I might die on the streets of DC...Not the place I want to go to my demise...It helped a little and our kids patiently stopped to let Mom stretch or sit, just looking the other way, pretending they didn't know the "old lady" gasping for breath or doubled over in a stretch trying to keep the cramps from going into full cramp mode as they siezed her legs...I lived to tell about the DC trip, thanks to the metro, taxies, escalators, elevators, shuttles and children who evidently love me most of the time.

Now back home the walking continues...P let me go for a year while my knee healed but once I gave the word that I was considering walking, it was "Katie bar the door." At first she impatiently waited for me to say "lets walk today." Now it is more like "I will be at your house at 11am, is it the track or the airstrip?" (She is going to give me hell over these quotes, "oh well I have to add a little levity to this blog at someones expense.") So I dug out the pedometer (batteries still working) snapped it to the waistband of my jeans and away we went...Of course, I'm still not up to speed and P is very patient, walking to my pace...Our goal (have to have a goal) is to slowly increase the speed keeping our heart rate up just enough that we can still keep up our conversation while walking, maybe not increase the millage but just the time that it takes us...I have to admit that I am sleeping better and maybe my energy level is up just a little...OH and the leg cramps are minimal.

Today, before our walk, we are on schedule to edit one of my essays, thinking P can help me see the rhyme and reason to commas and periods and I in exchange will be instructing here in the ins and outs of organizing our lives into an app called "Evernote."This will definitely be fodder for another post entitled "The blind leading the blind" or "Dumb and Dumber hard at work."...Stay tuned...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment