Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rain/Snow/Sun...32º

When the day is gloomy, like yesterday, I looked to the kitchen to lighten my day...After a quick trip to Enterprise for a yardsale (bust) I was back home looking in the fridge for breakfast...As I reached for the leftover soup I saw the bag of red peppers (Costco) and the mushrooms (Grocery Outlet) that were begging for my attention...Soup eaten I started a small batch of dough for pitas or flatbread, thinking pizza for dinner...With the help of the cuisinart the mushrooms and peppers were quickly sliced, then spread on cookie sheets, drizzled with oil, sprinkled with ground garlic and sea salt...Into the convection oven to roast...After letting the dough raise a couple of times I divided it into balls and proceeded to roll them out...Following the recipe and directions to the letter (unusual for me) I ended up with a couple of "frisbees" (good if eaten warm with butter and jam) three small pizza crusts and one perfect pita...Using some of the roasted mushrooms and peppers for pizza (I froze the rest for another day) added salami, ham, pieces of pastrami, onion, olives and mozzarella cheese, it made two individual pizzas...We only ate one!..The pita will make a lovely sandwich of tuna salad and lots of fresh greens for todays dinner...Anybody for leftover pizza for breakfast?..Hugs To All...OWAV:)





No comments:

Post a Comment