Friday, July 25, 2014

Baking on a cold day...44º

One sure way to warm up the house is with a baking frenzy...I worked outside for awhile yesterday morning, clearing away more wild daisy's and watering the neighbors planters...In the sun it was almost too warm to work but the minute I stepped into the shade the breeze was bone chilling cold!

Soup sounded good for dinner and while rummaging around in the freezer for a pie crust (pie and soup for dinner) I found a pkg. labeled "Tomato Bisque"...Soup taken care of but no pie crust to be found...Nothing to do but mix a batch and since I had made a flour mess I may as well make a batch of hamburger buns so Herb will have something to eat when I'm not home...(hamburgers is his staple dinner when I'm away) Two hours later the kitchen was warm, soup simmered on the stove, apple pie (from frozen apples) baked in the oven and a dozen buns were cooling on the counter...Hot bread and soup for dinner, apple pie for dessert.

With the promise of good Celtic Music (30 different instruments) in Enterprise, we grabbed a quilt and jackets and were on our way...The music was good but Damn it was cold...We stayed for over an hour but as the crowd dwindled one by one to just a handful of people, we joined the departing wimps and came home to our warm house...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment