Saturday, July 5, 2014

Lostine Flea Market...58º

It was a full morning as we checked out yardsales in Joseph, followed Hyw 82 to Lostine where the annual flea market was in progress, along with two "living estate sales"...We wondered if others are called "dead estate sales?"...I hate to say it but I think the "lostine Flea Market" after 40 years is on its way out, either dead or dying, certainly not very "lively."...A handful of booths on main street and a few on the side street, but nothing like its heyday when booths were packed into every available nook and cranny and crowds of people slowed and backed up traffic...It was a sunny day and people seemed to be enjoying themselves...Many were eating fry bread, covered with cinnamon and sugar...Pat and I walked through but soon decided we had seen enough of other peoples "treasures" for one day and hit the road for home!

I had it in my head yesterday that it was Saturday, so asked Pat if she wanted to stop at the Farmers Market while I picked up my greens at Arrowhead...Also wrote in my blog yesterday that the music jubilee was on, but all of those things are happening today!!.So now the fire works are over but we have other events going on in Joseph today...Might even check out another yard sale or two.

Herb and I spent a quiet afternoon at home, he BBQed a steak and we were in bed before the fireworks really got going...Another 4th of July is history...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

A better photo of the poppies

This bloom always makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment