Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cool Down...42º

It was bound to happen...The hot days and warm nights of July are probably over...Such great growing weather kaput!..I know we needed rain (we got very little) but the temps have dropped to the point of 40's at night and 70's daytime...Cucumber blossoms, just starting to form baby cucumbers, hide under the foliage hoping that summer will return...I guess its a good thing that I ordered 30# of picking cukes from Edwards Farms in Milton Freewater so I can fill the cellar shelves...I will continue to water my patch in hopes that I can label a few jars "Dills OG" (our garden).

Yesterday was a busy one...I was up early, clearing counters (a place to roll out the dough) before assembling ingredients to make cinnamon rolls...I have a special order of 100 (more or less) for an August fly in at the Joseph Airport...I mixed two batches of dough and by 10am it was pushing the lids off of the huge tupperware bowls...Pat arrived to help and you could say that for the next two hours we were "rolling in the dough."I rolled it out, she covered it with butter, sugar and cinnamon before I sliced it into giant rolls, 15 per pan for a total of 45, ready to be baked, frosted, covered tightly with foil and frozen...We have two more dates set to make more...Fun on Barton Heights.

Chief Joseph days is in full swing, an enless string of cars, motor homes, trucks and trailers coming into Wallowa County...Bucking horses showing their stuff as they galloped down mainstreet, first of four rodeos last night, (we could hear it loud and clear at our house) booths set up on mainstree, dances for young and old, parades Friday and Saturday, an Indian feast, a church service Sunday morning at the rodeo grounds will end the event for another year.

Overcast this morning, chilly in the house, we can't decide if we need to turn on the heater or if Mr Sun is going to make his appearance...Doesn't look very promising...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment