Saturday, May 21, 2016

Hard Rain...41º

Last night we had our second Gourmet Dinner Club, at the lovely lakeside home of Carolyn Gilbert...Needless to say my new life style eating plan took a hit...A half serving of red wine (good for you, right?) started the meal...Soon to follow was steamed giant shrimp, lightly dressed, alongside peanut butter stuffed celery...Next steaming bowls of french onion soup appeared on the table...I started on my second half serving of wine, just before Pam served her salad (8 different fresh greens) and vinegar/oil dressing, and I sliced and served the cheese manacotti dish...Carolyn was good at keeping the conversation going and allowing lots of time between dinner courses... Last was a picture perfect cheese cake for dessert...I settled for a "near missum" slice and savored every bite...Dinner and conversation lasted for four hours, tired and well sated I crawled into bed at 10:30.

Veggie soup will be my choice of food for today, that is, until Becky's birthday celebration tonight, when I will be faced with more temptation as John serves BBQ ribs and all the trimmings...Looks like veggie soup will be the food of choice, again tomorrow...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment