Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day...38º

Early yesterday morning, Herb and I were both outside setting up hoses to water the vegetable garden...The sun was out early but then the clouds rolled in and brought a chill to the air...Back in the house Herb built a fire and I started looking at recipes, hoping to warm up the kitchen...Whole wheat pita bread caught my eye and soon the yeast was bubbling and in no time, I was mixing, kneading and rolling the dough...I've tried making pita's before without much luck so yesterday, I followed the directions judiciously, they puffed, making hollow centers, just waiting to be stuffed with all kinds of yummy vegetables/grains and drizzled with oil vinaigrette or slathered with guacamole or hummus and devoured.

I was so excited with my latest venture that I splashed photos all over Facebook to share my success and now will re post them here for my "Friends," not on Facebook!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Voilà! 

With hummus

Dinner



2 comments:

  1. We must come to the blog to get the "full" story, Facebook is for the superficial. =)

    ReplyDelete