Friday, May 13, 2016

Results are in...49º

One month ago I started on the CHIP way of life...Complete Health Improvement Program...I really had no idea what it entailed...I was smart enough to grasp the idea of vegetarian and knew that beans, fiber, water and whole grains would be explored to new heights...I even accepted that a diet with less meat might be acceptable for me, but I had no idea that I would be asked to leave behind dairy (cream, butter, chocolate) and eggs.

It is hard to admit that the extra pounds I am carrying makes life more difficult and I had even kind of accepted the "waddle" that had replaced my normal way of walking...But the lethargy (lack of energy and enthusiasm) was beginning to get to me, especially with spring just around the corner...Working outside in both the vegetable garden and flower gardens makes me feel renewed and happy but when after 30 minutes of moderate work had me longing to return to the sofa, I knew that somthing had to be done.

So as with any "diet" I started with an all or nothing gusto, with the "mantra," I can do anything for 2 months...For the first month I have subsisted on miniscule amounts of meat, eggs and dairy, instead I have eaten copious amounts of plant based foods, (grains, beans, veggies, fruits, tofu and soy milk.)

I went to class last night with mixed emotions...The lab results were in, what would my numbers be?..Success or Failure?..On one hand if I failed, I could go back to my old way of eating and forget about beans, grains, tofu...On the other hand, success meant, another month of beans, grains and tofu.

All of my "Labs" came back with good results...I lost a few pounds and have to admit I am feeling more energetic...Fried tofu is palatable, quinoa, brown rice has a place on my plate, the fruit smoothies could be addictive and Yes, I'm ready for month two...Now I must get moving, its time for my walk...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Dr. Rose said this is excellent and we may
want to start backing off on the
statin drug that I take for 
high colesterol...He also thinks that 
with diet and exercise my blood pressure 
will go down more.

3 comments: