Thursday, February 9, 2017

Windy/Rainy...38º

A hard rain and wind woke me at 2am...Flood warnings are posted for the county...Passing the time from 2am to 5am is tricky...I did scrabble games, thanks to the people who stay up later than I do...I opened a "pickling book" in my Library to Go account and have been immersed in the world of sauerkraut, kimchi and all kinds of pickles and fermentation...I found it interesting that raw sauerkraut has many health benefits, but much less, if any, once it is canned or heated in any way...For the last few years I have fermented my sauerkraut and kept it in the fridge to cook with sausages for a hearty winter meal...I like the texture of it much better than after it has been processed...But everything I read on the internet says for maximum health benefits in should be consumed raw...Darn!..Actually I do eat it and like it straight from the jar but not a meals worth, only an occasional mouthful, like you would eat a pickle.

Compared to the world problems this is a very minor dilemma but it has kept my mind occupied as I try to figure out how to make a Ruben sandwich or Sauerkraut and sausages without heating the sauerkraut...And the wind continues to blow and the rain comes down on Barton Heights, one more hour to daylight....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Ready for the Refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment