Saturday, September 22, 2018

Day Off...45º

I took the day off from writing yesterday as we left early to drive to La Grande for a 9am eye appointment...I always think I will write when we get home but I seem to be a morning writer or at least words come easier then, than afternoon or evening...The drive along the Wallowa River was alive with the beginning fall colors, little traffic and no wildlife on the road...We left early on purpose so we can shop at Grocery Outlet when the store first opens, and has few customers.

Arriving at Dr. Pettits' office, the parking lot is full, which means the office is also overflowing...Herb opts to stay in the car and wait...I was there for over an hour but many tests were done in that time and my eyes were dilated, which I hate!..I come out into bright sunlight, wearing disposable dark glasses, my eyes (pupils) big as saucers...I cautiously report, Dr. says he is amazed at how good my sight is and how slow the cataracts are growing...Of course he then adds "at my age."...I felt good about this news but will not get smug, because I know it can change in an instant!

We shopped at BiMart, before opting for Burgers and fries for lunch, our morning piece of toast at 6am is long gone...Our last stop is in Elgin, where we are able to buy flour (unbleached, all purpose and bread) in 25 pound bags, something not found in Wallowa County...We are back home and unloaded by mid afternoon...It was a good day...Hugs To All..OWAV:)

Last shot of the river and meadow
as we leave Wallowa Canyon

First sighting of our Mountains
and the Wallowa Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment