Thursday, September 27, 2018

Stacked/Cleanup...44º

The load of firewood that was delivered late Sunday evening is stacked...We worked for about 2 hours in the cool of the morning, before breakfast...Herb split some of the big rounds to make them fit better, so our stack is neat and tidy...We like it that way...Now we wait for more, that might be delivered this weekend or maybe not...It is the start of hunting season and in Wallowa County that takes preference over most other things...We will be happy if it arrives but if not, we now have plenty of wood inside and ready to burn.

On to other things, I didn't get tomatoes in the oven yesterday and opted to go back outside after breakfast to work in the garden, pulling squash and cucumber vines...Also covered the garlic bed with fence panels to keep the straw in place...I'm still thinking about the straw bale planting, so I moved straw bales around and into place, anticipating where they might work the best...I moved bales by pushing and rolling, with very little lifting...With the sun beating down, I did work up a sweat so after a hot shower, I fixed dinner of chicken thighs, fresh pulled carrots, sliced tomatoes and onions...While I was in the garden, Herb was working on the never ending laundry, that he hangs on the line and then folds, stacking in neat piles, so we always have clean clothes...Thus ending another day on Barton Heights.

This morning my blog is done early and just maybe I will get the tomatoes into roast, before I go outside!...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

A few photos from the garden.

Grapes are turning a bit each day, 
just need to be a little sweeter.

So happy for the late blooming
sunflower.

The straw bales under the grapevine
 are now moved...Neighbors house
in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment