Friday, January 18, 2019

Baking Mood...28º

I got a phone call from my sister, Mona, last night..."Are you guys okay, you haven't posted a blog? "Sure we are okay, just not real energetic, nor is there much to write about."  It gets old, talking and texting about the weather and I'm not very excited about taking more winter photos...I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing that I hate housework and feel better when the fog lifts and the sun comes out!..But today I will put fingers to keyboard and come up with something.

Yesterday morning was foggy and cold, with a half inch of snow covering the ground and old snow, I wanted some fresh air and exercise...I bundled up, swept the walks, stairs and the deck...Actually it wasn't that cold outside and by the time I finished it was starting to sprinkle and I was very warm and feeling better.

Back in the house, breakfast eaten, shower taken I decided it was a good day for some baking, that always makes me feel better...A few days ago, I had cleaned out the fridge freezer and uncovered several packages of frozen bananas...Yes, those bananas that are two ripe to eat but make, oh so good, banana bread...Soon the house was filled with wonderful aromas of freshly baked goodies...Banana bread was cooling on the counter.

As two people can only eat so much banana bread, (especially when they are not supposed to have sugar) I wrapped warm loaves in parchment and was soon visiting with old friends, Carol and Joyce, from my "lunch room" days...We all promised that we would keep in touch more often, especially on these foggy winter days.

It was late afternoon before I arrived back home, luckily leftovers was on the menu for dinner and the extra loaves were wrapped and frozen, maybe for gifting on another day...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment