Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Sounds Like a lot of Work...21º

I hear this often after I have explained the process in making chocolates...Cook and hand beat the fondant, roll, cut and form fondant before hand dipping each piece in warm chocolate...Their eyes really glaze over when I say, "But it is not work for me, because I love doing it."

Chocolate season is over (really) and I'm looking for other projects to keep me busy in January...Of course I could do year end stuff, such as clean out the filing cabinet, clean kitchen cupboards, but cleaning tasks are endless and bring joy that is short lived, as the dirt, dust and clutter return...The sun was hiding yesterday, so nothing cheered me and I turned to the kitchen and cooking, still trying to stay away from sugar...That means no dessert of any kind, no bread because the sour dough is dormant, also most flour foods are simple carbohydrates...I resorted to the least evil (my way of thinking) and settled on noodle dough with eggs, partial whole wheat flour and semolina.

This 4 to 5 hour project included making the dough, sautéing onions, garlic, mushrooms, arugula and sausage, then adding cheese, egg yolk and bread crumbs to make it all stick together...Hand roll the dough into two large, 18 inch rounds...Using my tiny scoop, I place little piles of the sausage mixture all over the dough, leaving room between each for the "press," then I carefully cover this with the second circle of dough.

Ready for the Press

After the Press and ready to cook.

Voila we have Ravioli.

Oops I forgot the wine.

In order to make this "hours" long process worthwhile, you need people that really appreciate your time and efforts, so we invited Pam for dinner and wine...Later a game of cards and some of us had a small dish of ice cream...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. How do we sign up for ravioli? Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same time you sign up to learn how to make noodle dough, LOL

      Delete