Friday, January 11, 2019

How many sticks, does it take?...21º

Trying to keep healthy, once you pass 70, is a full time job...Vowing to start the new year right, it was time to have a blood draw to see what my thyroid function is doing...This is on going for me and I still have hopes that some day soon, it will get regulated...Over the passed two years I have breezed in and out of the "lab," whenever "S_____" was wielding the needle...Yesterday I checked in, requested that "S_____" draw my blood and was met with, "S_____ no longer works here."

Darn!...Maybe I can do it another day, NO they didn't say it's her day off, they said she is gone, moved on to other endeavors!..How could that be?..Deep breaths, don't hyper ventilate right here in the hospital...The nice girl then said, "L__ is new to our lab, but he trained under S_____, would you like to see him."..."I guess that will have to work," I said, not at all excited about the scenario.

L__, looking about 16 years old, called my name, led me to the chair, and started the process...I pointed out where S_____ always found a good vein...After one stick, with shaky hands, and no blood came flowing out, L__ said, "I'll get C_________, shes been doing this for years!"...A total of 45 minutes, 4 sticks and just barely enough blood for the 5 routine tests, I was taped and apologized too and asked if I had to do this very often?..I said, "Yes, so you better work on "honing your skills, sharpening the needles, and be ready for me."..Luckily, I'm not overly bothered by this procedure, it is just a bit unnerving...I've come to the conclusion that not all people should be in this profession and one of the best ones, has just moved onto something else that I hope she is well suited for...I will miss her very much!..Hugs to All...OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. How dare Sondra leave us..... just wait till I find her

    ReplyDelete