Thursday, January 31, 2019

Water Therapy Confirmed...21º

December 26 2018 was our last water therapy session for the year, then the pool closed for repairs for the month of January 2019...We got the official word yesterday that in February we will be back on our regular schedule...I along with many other people have missed our sessions, the exercise, the socialization, the routine of knowing that twice a week I would be in the pool and the hot tub...It is a wonderful winter activity.

My relationship with water has not always been good...Boulder Creek was close to our house in Lake Fork, Idaho, but it was not the ideal place to learn to swim...It was cold, deep and swift in the spring, in the few pools that were big enough to practice in and I was not supposed to go there by myself...Later in life I actually took lessons in different pools, with different instructors but never mastered the art...I couldn't relax and I panicked when the water got over my head and flailed around like a beached whale...Finally I did learn to relax enough to float and "swim" across the pool.

I've done water aerobics and therapy over the last 25 years and found a new friend in the "noodle floaties" that are used in pools around the world...We used them in Australia, Hawaii and Cancun, (mostly for snorkeling), and now locally in the hotel pool, where we do water therapy, and the noodles keep everyone afloat...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Me learning how to swim.

1 comment:

  1. I so miss water therapy and all my great friends...? 😣

    ReplyDelete