Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Another Pie Day?...13º

Coming up with daily meals is difficult for me in winter...Summer and fall are easy, when fresh veggies and fruits are always available...Buying leaf lettuce, broccoli crowns, cauliflower etc. from Safeway gets old fast and I tend to rely heavily on meat and potatoes with various salads...Trying to eat fruits in season, leaves us with apples, oranges, bananas and occasionally fresh pears...I look at the precut fruit trays that Safeway puts out and am tempted but I know that melon is not from "Hermiston," and the flavor is lacking...On Sunday I was racking my brain for a different dinner and decided to try pizza again.

The crust went together easily, raised nicely and rolled out thin but easy to handle...Again Herb and I have different ideas of what makes a good pizza....His is usually meat lovers and I look to garlic chicken with artichokes...The meat lovers is easy with frozen sliced Italian deli meats on hand...Roasted frozen tomatoes from the freezer, for the sauce and toppings of onion, olives, pepper and cheese...I also just happened to have chicken breast that I cut into small chunks and sautéed in garlic, salt/pepper, and lemon juice...Now was the perfect time to try heavy cream instead of Alfredo Sauce, as my niece, Blanche suggested...Everything was soon sliced/diced and pizzas ready to assemble...It was all easy until I had to pour plain cream on the crust...How much is enough and not too much...I went easy on the cream, spread it thin with the back of a spoon and added the chicken, artichokes, onion, pepper and cheese...The oven was at 425º convection bake...They came out looking good..(a little brown on the meatlovers, as I had it on the top rack too long)...The flavor was good on Herbs, mine was okay but I have to work on getting more flavor...It actually tasted better yesterday when we ate leftovers...As I reread this it sounds like recipes on the internet, that irritate me when they blather on and on before finally get to the recipe...No recipe here, just the blather!...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Day old Pizza Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment