Sunday, February 23, 2020

February Sunshine...22º

African Drumming/Celtic Music was on the program at the Josephy Center last night...Pam picked me up and we joined a full house (not packed, but a good crowd.) for a fun evening..."Baba O'Reilly" is the name of the group, originally two groups joined together for a night of music and dance...A small group of people, young and old, danced like no one was watching, to the enjoyment of all.

Years ago, my friend Pat and I, as Josephy volunteers, attended nearly all of the programs at the Josephy Center, then Pam and I continued that practice until the last two years, when we started talking about going but never quite made the commitment...After going last night, we both realized we have missed these programs and visiting with people, that we don't see on a regular basis...Maybe we can enjoy more programs this year." 😀 Continued tomorrow.

2/23/20  Time got away from me yesterday...A trip to Imnaha was on my agenda with friend Joyce...Our friend Arlene and her husband were celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary...I had deviled eggs to prepare and a batch of bread dough rising...The eggs turned out great, bread has good flavor but is a replica of giant "hockey pucks."...We shared it with good friends, that understand when I have a failure!

Joyce and I go back to 1973, when we moved to Joseph, both of us forest service wives..My only trip on the infamous road to Dug Bar was with her.at the wheel...We talked nonstop yesterday on the ride to and from Imnaha...Joyce and I worked together in the Joseph school cafeteria, and Arlene drove the bus to and from Imnaha and took money as kids came through the lunch line...We had some great years there before administrative changes and money shortage took their tole on us and our program.

The anniversary party was a great success with people from far and wide to help the couple celebrate...Norm and Arlene have spent most of their years in Imnaha, before spending the last 8 or 10 winters in Costa Rica...They are truly adventurous people..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Trees are turning

Spring is near at Imnaha




No comments:

Post a Comment