Thursday, February 13, 2020

Busy Weekend...Slow Week...21º

A fun time on Barton Hgts last Sunday...My "Hotsprings Buddies" came for soup, cards and most important, visiting...We planned our annual fall trip, booked a condo, (much roomier than our little cottage) and reminisced...I think what makes our group so much fun is that we are all very different personalities and tend to keep each other guessing...We keep connected during the winter months with lunches and games.

Herb and I recuperated the rest of the week...It is hard work having company..."Just kidding."...Speaking of kidding, it was a sunny day yesterday anf friend Debbie posted photos of her baby goats and I thought it would be fun to pay them a visit...Herb and I were soon following Debbie to the pens that house goats, sheep and chickens...We arrived at feeding time for the four "bummer kids." Herb and I each held a bottle, Debbie held two...It took the kids, no time at all to drain the bottles and with full bellies, they stretched out in the clean straw for an afternoon nap...I hope to go for another visit a few days when more "newborn kids" will be there and I can hold and cuddle them...I miss animals but know how much work they are so will leave the raising to other people.

Back home, I had a small pan of rolls rising and ready to bake for our dinner, along with pork roast, mashed potatoes and salad...While the rolls and potatoes cooked, I shaped the rest of the dough into loaves...My day ended at 8pm when I carried packaged loaves downstairs to the freezer and filled the woodstove for the night and called a day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


One little kid!

Warm loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment