Monday, June 29, 2020

And The Rain Comes Down...44º

Maybe I should brave the storm, go outside and turn the drip irrigation off in the garden or maybe not...I have it on the garlic and it is so close together that in the middle rows the rain has a hard time getting through...I cut most of the scapes off the garlic on Saturday, it is about a month before harvest.

Yesterday morning Herb mowed the lawn before breakfast, to beat the rain and I spent a couple of hours pulling the fading forget-me-knots, hauling them across the road to the "overflow bed" and spread them on the bare spots...Maybe they will take hold there and can spread and bloom to their hearts content, for many years to come...As soon as the rain quits, there are more forget-me-knots to pull...I picked a big bouquet of peonies yesterday, because this rain will ruin most of the heavy blooms.

Looks like a day inside, cooking, cleaning etc before the girls arrive on Thursday, for a few days...Sun is supposed to shine for the 4th of July weekend...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Lovely Bouquet

Hosta's with pretty foliage.



No comments:

Post a Comment