Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Flowers and Bees...50º

A vegetable garden is for more than veggies...Annual poppies, grow easily from seed and pop up everywhere, from gravel driveways to the most fertile of garden soil...Usually I pull most of them, when they are tiny but this year there were so many, I just let them grow...Now one corner of the garden is full of poppies and with them come the honey bees collecting their nectar, and pollinating the fruits/veggies...The cherry tomatoes, snap peas, raspberries are in bloom and the constant hum of bees abounds...Another garden visitor is a garter snake, that weaves his way under the netting around the cabbage plants, I think he is eating the bad worms that like them, I hope.

Herb and I have acupuncture today, so take it as a relaxing day, doing the minimum of chores...Also the temperature is in the high eighties, another reason to relax and stay cool...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

One corner of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment