Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Maggie Blooms...37º Partly Cloudy

 Our mornings have been cold and foggy until mid morning, then our mountains appear in the distance and the sun brightens our day...The sun coming in our south window warms our house and keeps us cozy.

I was looking for a photo this morning to get my mind working on a blog when right in front of me "Maggie" is in full bloom...Many of you remember that "Maggie" is a cactus, given to me by the granddaughter of a dear friend, when she "Margaret" passed away...I didn't really want a cactus, never could keep one alive, let alone get it to bloom but I could't say no.

Maggie has surpassed all of the negative thoughts that I had, she bloomed a few months after I brought her home, has tippled in size, went one year without blooming and now is blooming like crazy...She reminds me very much of my friend Margaret, who was a bit contrary, doing what she wanted to do, following her own path, not trying to fit into the norm...She was her own person...Now it seems, Maggie is not a Christmas Cactus, or Thanksgiving but a Halloween Cactus...Margaret would have been pleased with that, she liked Halloween, and the dressing up in costume, going trick or treating as an adult, where she visited friends to share a beverage...I am so glad that I brought her home!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment