Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Fall has me looking for comfort food...33º

 Polenta has been on my radar for many years, as I read through recipes, looking for something different in our meal rotation...I remember buying a "tube" of polenta at the grocery store, took one bite/taste and promptly threw it in the trash...Last week at my acupuncture appointment, (Terry and I always talk about food) she said, "I love Polenta, it is my favorite comfort food, Nathan has a great recipe."So as I checked out that day, I asked Nathan about a polenta recipe and he said it is pretty simple, "1 part cornmeal to 4 parts water/milk, cook over low heat, stir occasionally, add butter/cream and cheese,,, takes maybe 45 minutes.

I asked Rusty if he had eaten polenta and he said, "I think it is similar to grits and we ate that a lot when I worked in Savanna for LTW."..So I went to google, did some research and decided it was worth a try...Our dinner last night was polenta along side leftover roast beef, simmered in au jus to give it that rich beefy flavor...I wouldn't say it was a total hit but certainly worth trying again and a good change from potatoes or rice...I will tell you more after we finish our breakfast this morning of "polenta fried in butter, alongside bacon and eggs?"..I think "shrimp and grits" might be in our future...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

It was much better, 
than this photo looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment