Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Bridge collapse in Baltimore...30º, Cloudy

My friend Pat, who lives in Maryland, text me this morning about a collapsed bridge, when a ship hit the bridge...The Key Bridge went down like dominos...The following link is a video of the collapse and more info...I don't have TV, so don't normally see this kind of news, maybe many of you have already seen it...I hope the link works. I can't help but think of all the bridges in Portland OR. Gives me shivers... https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1772518180717572110?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Life is moving along here on Barton Heights, cooler temperatures with little moisture has slowed things a bit, but the aspen trees are starting to get their little "fuzzys", crocus are blooming and the garlic is about 4 inches tall...Rusty is working on building new garden beds for our summer veggies so they will be easier for me to harvest, not raised way up, but narrow enough that I can reach the middle from both sides..Hope that makes sense.

I love watching the flower beds gradually come to life, after being frozen and buried under snow for the winter months...It is always such a miracle...First the crocus, then starry twinkles and grape hyacinths... Soon the daffodils will be dancing in the morning sun...I love spring...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Garlic will be ready in July.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a tinker toy set being dismantled, reminiscent of the tsunami in Japan and all the devastation. bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I keep thinking about how long things take to build and how quickly they can be demolished...Oma

    ReplyDelete